How to make a claim
In accordance with our PACE claims service principles, Sompo Canopius offer a market leading claims service based on partnership, accessibility and efficiency delivered through a culture of integrity and fairness. Recognising our customers have individual needs, we offer a variety of different distribution models through which our customers can place their business.
In the unfortunate event that you require the support and assistance of our claims team, we are always here to help. To help us help you however, wherever possible please always check your policy wording which should provide full details of how to make a claim or speak with your broker.
In the event you are unable to find your policy or locate your broker's details, please feel free to phone our claims helpdesk on 020 7337 3958 (core working hours) or email ClaimsHelpdesk@sompocanopius.com.
Emergency/Out of hours assistance
In the event you have a product recall, kidnap and ransom or travel/medical expenses insurance policy, please use the crisis consultants' 24/7 hotline contact details as attached to your policy.
For all other business where immediate assistance or emergency guidance is required (outside of core working hours), please feel free to phone our emergency claims helpline number 020 7206 7044.
Employers' liability claims
As Sompo Canopius is a member of the Employers' Liability Tracing Office ("ELTO"); any individual wishing to make an enquiry should conduct a search of the Employers' Liability Database via the ELTO website www.elto.org.uk.
Helpful claims tips
Although Sompo Canopius offer a wide range of products, below are a few general key claims tips to try and remember when making a claim.
- Please remember to quote your policy number when reporting your claim
- Please report the claim as soon as you can
- Please answer all claims questions open and honestly
- Please provide contact details for all relevant key contacts and witnesses
- Where possible, please take photographs of the damage or scene of the accident
- Please retain and provide copies of all relevant estimates and invoices
- Please provide all relevant accident report records
- Please forward any correspondence from any claimants or claimant's representatives, immediately and unanswered
- And finally, please remember we are there to help. If you have any questions regarding the claim process, please don't hesitate to let us know